Amazon.com

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Tax Rebate Calculator

Over the last several weeks in the media, there have been many questions surrounding the specifics on the tax rebate that President Bush and Congress have put together.

To be honest with you, I have paid moderate attention to the discussion, but I have somewhat assumed that my rebate was not going to be very substantial.

Then, I ran across this nifty little tax rebate calculator at Kiplinger.com. After I ran my numbers and specific information through it, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I should be receiving approximately $1,800 (probably $900 each for both my wife and myself).

Now, I'm not holding my breath that I'm going to get that exact amount, but whatever amount we do receive will most likely be higher than I ever anticipated.

When we do receive our money back from the government (yes, it's my family's money, not the government's money!), I plan on using it to continue funding our large ER fund - Baby Step 3 on the Dave Ramsey plan.

No comments: