Amazon.com

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Putting my situation in perspective

After my rant yesterday regarding my income tax situation for this year, I started to "cool off" a little and try to put my situation in perspective as compared to the rest of the world. I'm rich and wealthy enough that the government has to tax my brains out!

We are so blessed here in the United States, that it really is easy to lose perspective with the poverty and scarcity around the world.

To help me put things in perspective, I ran across this cool website where you can plug in your annual income, and it ranks your income against the rest of the world's population.

Check out the website: Global Rich List

Here's how I ranked:

Your Rich List Position = 45,439,321
You are the 45,439,321richest person in the world!
You're in the TOP 0.75%richest people in the world!


After seeing this comparison, I have nothing to complain about, anymore!

Larry

2 comments:

Rocko Chen said...

Very good point made. All the best.

Larry Jones said...

Rocko - thanks for your kind words. All the best to you as well.