Amazon.com

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Getting Unstuck - follow-up

One of the great benefits of blogging is that it's somewhat therapeutic - blogging is very related to journaling in the sense that you're getting your thoughts down in writing, giving you more clarity on what you need and desire.


A few posts ago, I blogged about feeling stuck personally and financially and the steps I was preparing to take to get unstuck. Here's a brief update on where I'm at:


  1. Emotionally and mentally I feel much better than last week. I have accepted that our current situation is just a season of our lives that will pass, probably in 2-3 months. My brain is now focusing on solutions not my family's problems! That's a huge step.
  2. I purchased the 4 books I mentioned in that previous post. Already halfway through the 4-Hour Workweek - great book; I highly recommend it.
  3. I sat down with my wife and we went over the June budget together. That went well, and I also shared with her my little needs/goals picture chart. So far, so good.
  4. One of our big needs is tires for my Jeep. I placed an order for those and they should be installed at the end of the week.
  5. My oldest daughter's behavior is improving as a result of 3-4 weeks of counseling, so things are being to look up for the Jones' family.

Just remember, action is the key to getting yourself unstuck. Small goals with identifiable action steps will begin to clear the logjam from your life.

No comments: